On November 24, in the auditorium of the Science Generator, the debate Entrepreneurship as a key to the development of the city was held. The debate was the closing buckle of the celebration of the Days of Entrepreneurship, implemented within the framework of the project “Jaslo-my city, my home” financed from the funds of the EEA Financial Mechanism 2014-2021 and the state budget, and at the same time the beginning of the planned series of meetings with business.
Local entrepreneurs, representatives of high schools and universities, as well as business environment institutions were invited to the debate. The moderators of the debate were Marek Gabzdyl and Kamil Niklewicz- representatives of the Association of Polish Cities, and the speakers included:
- Tomasz Bardzik, Director of the Production Planning and Procurement Division, Quality Director, Member of the Board of Directors of the expanded Nowy Styl sp. z o.o. company;
- Mariusz Furmanek, representative of PEKAO SA bank;
- Ireneusz Kubiś, owner of Innovo. Innovations in Business sp. z o.o.;
- Ryszard Pabian, Mayor of the City of Jasło;
- Maciej Pętlak, vice president of the Board of Directors of the Jasło Association of Entrepreneurs;
- Dawid Szczepankiewicz, representative of the Jasielsk Association of Entrepreneurs;
- Janusz Szewczuk, strategic advisor to the Association of Polish Cities.
The debate began with two short thematic lectures, during which Ryszard Pabian mayor of Jaslo presented the “Vision of Jaslo’s Development”, presenting the city’s development and investment plans, and Janusz Szewczuk, strategic advisor to the Association of Polish Cities, talked about the city’s endogenous potentials.
Another element of the meeting was a panel discussion “Support for entrepreneurship – expectations and reality”. The thematic blocks that the panel managed to address included pro-entrepreneurial education – challenges and opportunities, and the situation in the local market and market needs.
At the end of the debate, attendees were asked to identify topics for future meetings. Leading issues in this regard were housing in the broadest sense and the place of women in business and the labor market.
The debate was a great opportunity to learn about the city’s development plans, make new contacts, and gave space for many conversations and discussions.
We would like to thank everyone for their participation, and already invite you to future meetings. Below is a short photo gallery from the event.
The debate titled Entrepreneurship as a key to the development of the city was carried out as part of the Entrepreneurship Days project in the project “Jaslo – my city, my home” financed from the funds of the EEA Financial Mechanism 2014-2021 and the state budget.
For more information about the project, visit https://um.jaslo.pl/pl/jaslo-moje-miasto-moj-dom/
Together we act for a green, competitive and inclusive Europe.